During the colonic hydrotherapy waste material is flushed out of the bowel using water passing through a tube inserted into the rectum. The procedure is carried out while the person lies on their side and takes around 1 hour. Around 40 liters of water may be used for the procedure.
Why we could all benefit from colonic irrigation
Because of our “modern lifestyles” we are not always able to go to the bathroom when we need to. This and the types of foods and chemicals in our environment today cause a buildup of toxic waste in our bodies that accumulates over the years. Things that are hard to avoid like stress, busy schedules that cause us to ignore the ‘urge to go’, as well as diets high in sugar, glucose, dairy, red meat, processed meat, refined carbohydrates processed foods, artificial preservatives, sweeteners and other chemicals as well as a low intake of water with consequent dehydration all lead to a buildup of fecal matter in the intestinal walls.
Bowel cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in nonsmokers in the western world. In fact every year more than 16.000 people die of bowel cancer in the UK alone. More than 149.000 people died from bowel cancer the year 2008 in Europe. Worldwide, bowel Cancer killed a total of about 600.000 of people in the year 2002. The idea for the cleaning technique comes from the theory that waste matter in the bowel could poison the body.
Benefits of Colonic Irrigation
- Improve bowel regularity
- Resolve constipation – exercise and strengthen the bowel, promoting a return to regular, complete bowel movements
- Increase energy levels and improve mood
- Feel lighter, fresher and energized
- Relief from lethargy and fatigue
- Mental clarity, reduced headaches, enhanced sleep
- Improve digestion
- Resolve problems such as I.B.S (irritable bowel syndrome), bloating, wind, diarrhea, heartburn
- Clearer & brighter skin complexion
- Resolve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne
- Boost your immune system
- Create a clean, healthy environment for friendly bacteria to grow
- Treat candida, thrush, bad breath
- Enhance absorption of vitamins and minerals
- Assist in weight balancing and body shaping
- After you have felt the benefits of colon hydrotherapy you will be more motivated to stick to the recommended drinking of 2 liters of water per day (2)
Colonic irrigation would not be performed on someone with the following conditions: serious heart problems, high blood pressure, severe hemorrhoids, kidney disease and some digestive disorders, including ulcerative colitis, anal fistulae, cancer of the colon or rectum, recent surgery of the colon or abdomen area, severe anemia.
For more information and references, please visit the following links:
Submit A Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *