The answer is “yes” and “no”, because first we need to define what kind of “sugar” we are talking about. There is “good” sugar and there is “bad” sugar.
“Bad” sugar is refined, highly processed sugar, which is a pure carbohydrate that does not contain any beneficial minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, protein, or fiber. And a regular consumption of white sugar, high fructose corn syrups, dextrose and sucralose can lead to many health problems ranging from constant reoccurring colds and flu, infections, mood swings, anxiety, depression, diabetes, obesity, kidney failure, eye diseases, high blood sugar, clogged arteries, heart failure, dementia, fibroids, liver disease, digestive problems, immune dysfunction, menstrual irregularities, PMS, accelerated aging, cancer and more.
“Good” sugar as found in raw honey, raw sugar cane, panela, Stevia, Xylitol, Erythritol, unrefined black strap molasses, fruit, dairy produce, and raw vegetables, as well as in nutrient-rich nuts, seeds, and grains and all of these sources of good sugar are not linked to any of the diseases mentioned earlier.
The problem is that “bad” refined sugars are often added to food and drink to improve taste. These days most people eat a lot of processed food: sweets, cakes, and cookies containing unhealthy sugar. Heavily processed sugar also turns up in jams, jellies, pickles, some breads, soft drinks (colas/fizzy drinks), and ice cream. This can make it very difficult to avoid consuming unhealthy sugar in one form or another.
The More You Eat the More You Want
Refined “bad” sugars are very addictive. The more you eat the more you want and in fact some expects claim that refined sugars are more addictive than cocaine. Some of my friend laugh when I say that, but I notice they can’t seem to stop using refined sugar!
After consuming these “bad” sugars your immune system is suppressed about 30 minutes later and this can lasts up to 5 hours. Often these sugar laden foods leave you tired as you have a “sugar crash”. It’s no wonder some people are often sick with a flu or cold and easily get exhausted. People who eat these sugars on a regular basis often experience anxiety and even depression. Also, if you suffer from fibromyalgia, nightmares and Candida overgrowth this is often due to regular consumption of refined sugar. A daily dose of sugar causes altered internal pH levels resulting in a more acidic body. It is believed that an acidic environment is a breeding ground for disease, whereas an alkaline body promotes good health
To find out more about the Budwig food plan, ¡Contact Us!
How to Enjoy Desserts and Pastries and Stay Healthy
- Shop at your local Health Food store for baked goods and pastries that contain only the good sugars.
- Make your own desserts and pastries at home and substitute white sugar with Stevia, Xylitol or Erythritol. Even diabetics can enjoy these sugars.
- Instead of reaching for a Coke or other types of soft/fizzy drinks (which contain a whopping 10 teaspoons of refined sugar), mix carbonated fizzy water with your favorite fruit juice, and add some ice, for a refreshing and healthy alternative. (“Zero”, “diet” or “light” soft drinks contain aspartame and other artificial sweeteners, which cause a host of health problems if consumed regularly.)
- Only eat refined sugars on a rare basis (and minimum amounts), such as when friends invite you over for a meal and on special occasions.
- Stevia or Xylitol are sold in small, easy to carry packages that you can add to your coffee or tea, etc. when you eat away from home.
- Also reduce your consumption of “refined flour” as it is nearly as harmful as refined sugar, because it enters the blood stream in the form of sugar, nearly as fast as refined sugar itself, and has very low nutritional value. Additionally, both white sugar and white flour have been bleached with chlorine based bleaching agents, to achieve the nice white color.
- Take Transfer Factors to keep your immune system working at optimum levels. My family and I have fought off many a cold or flu with this natural food supplement.
In conclusion, would you like to sail through the cold and the flu season and almost never get sick and keep a good level of energy? Let me share my secret with you. Our family does two things in this regard. First, we avoid refined sugar in all its forms “like the plague” but instead enjoy the “good” sugars in our diet.
Next as soon as we feel a chill, sore throat, tired and run down, we take 2 or 3 transfer factors and within about 20 minutes those symptoms are gone. Sometimes we must take 2 or 3 every hour for a few hours and even over a few days to fight off the strong cold or flu. If of course we do not start taking the Transfer Factors soon enough and come down with the flu or cold, then it’s too late and you just have to let it run its course and you can take all the Transfer Factors you want, and it will not make much of a difference.
TRANSFER FACTORS are extracted from colostrum which is the “secret” immune building ingredient newborn babies receive from the mother in breast feeding to strengthen and regulate their immune system. They are now extracted from grass-fed cows or chicken eggs yolks.
If you or a loved one are suffering with cancer or any other chronic illnesses email us at: Contact@BudwigCenter.com
To find out more about the Budwig food plan CLICK HERE
Take Care of Your Health and Your Health Will Take Care of You
Lloyd Jenkins, ND, PhD