What Causes Oral Cancer?
Before we talk about home remedies to treat oral cancer, let’s consider just a few of the reasons that oral cancer occurs. Knowing these reasons can help readjust our habits so that we can prevent it altogether.
Some reasons could be:
- Low immune system
- Infection by the human papillomavirus.
Also, we need to consider the root causes of oral cancer (as well as other forms of cancer).
According to Dr. Budwig and other leaders in the field, the primary reasons cancer cells are produced are due to:
Toxins – The body can be overloaded with toxins, and thus it will have a hard time doing its job of managing and eliminating them. In the case of oral cancer, this would be due to such things as tobacco, smoking, and radiation.
A weakened immune system – In most cases, this is due to stress and lack of healthy habits. Interestingly, breathing too much through our mouths instead of our noses can contribute to an unbalanced pH of our saliva, which can lead to oral cancer.
Poor nutrition and low hydration levels – As mentioned above, alcohol plays an important part, as well as processed foods.
Virus, bacteria, parasites, and fungus.’ To avoid oral cancer, we will want to pay attention to the health of our gums, teeth, and oral hygiene in general. Going to a biological dentist that is aware of the importance of maintaining a healthy mouth will be a vital first step.
Home Remedies For Oral Cancer
Here are some food suggestions for the health of our mouths:
- #1: Eating green leafy vegetables – Although many don’t find them very tasty, they reap a lot of benefits, and you can easily incorporate them into your diet. They are packed with iron, vitamin B12, and calcium and are a great addition to smoothies and soups. Some of our favorites are kale, spinach, baby spinach, collard greens, and cabbage.
- #2: Green tea – Packed with antioxidants, Green tea helps prevent cell damage and speeds up your metabolism. It’s also very beneficial for all types of cancer. For best results, you can purchase organic green tea, which can be a little costly but tastes better.
- #3: Raspberries – Raspberries are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate (folic acid), iron, potassium, manganese, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid. You could have 1 cup of raspberries every day. Better still, include some raspberries in a smoothie or add them to the Budwig muesli as Dr. Budwig did. Since these are seasonal fruit, you might occasionally have to get them from the frozen section of the supermarket, but when in season, make a point to buy them from your local farmer’s market.
- #4: Tomatoes – They are also high in antioxidants and therefore helpful for oral cancer. Additionally, because they are rich in vitamin C, and they help to improve our overall skin and hair condition. Tomatoes are rich in Lycopene, which is a type of carotenoid. As the Italians well know, they are great to use when making homemade sauces, salads, juices, and soups. You can use baby tomatoes in your salads to make them tastier and more attractive.
- #5: Avocados – Delicious and healthy, avocados add so much taste to almost any dish and can also help you prevent and treat oral cancer. They are packed with vitamin C, E, K, and B6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. One thing to keep in mind when buying them is to pick up the right avocado. Try to make sure it’s perfectly ripe (not too hard). If not, wait a day or so until it is just right.
- #6: Drumsticks – A vegetable like this is challenging to get and prepare. They can usually be found in many Asian supermarkets. Grill them at low heat to maintain nutritional values. Drumsticks are packed with nutrients such as niacin, riboflavin, and vitamin B12. They also help improve gut health.
- #7: Spirulina – A type of cyanobacteria, which can easily be found in the sea, in a family of single-celled microbes, it provides a very high amount of protein. It is a kind of algae that is not only good for patients with oral cancer, but since it is packed with vitamin B3, B4, B2, iron, and copper, it is also suitable for anyone following a vegan diet. Add some to juices and shakes as well as salads. It is available usually in powder form as well as pill form.
- #8: Neem – A natural herb that comes from a tree called Azadirachta indica. It is available in many forms, like oils, tablets, and powders. It has many health benefits, from controlling dandruff, promoting healthy gums, killing intestinal worms, and even treating a bloody nose. Neem contains chemicals that help reduce blood sugar levels, heal ulcers, and prevent bacteria and plaque formation in the mouth. It helps in treating oral cancer and assists in keeping your gut in good condition, which directly affects your immune system positively as well.
- #9: Mushrooms – Mushrooms are available in many forms and are also a great help in preventing oral cancer. They can be added to a variety of dishes. Mushrooms contain beta-glucans, which also boost the immune system. Since mushrooms are similar to sponges in that they absorb much of what is in their surroundings, if they are not organic, there is a high risk they may contain toxins. When purchasing products, herbal remedies, or supplements (powders or capsules) that include mushrooms, we always recommend Hifas Da Terra because they ensure the quality of all their products is organic and pure.
- #10: Rinse your mouth – To help balance the pH levels and address bacteria and pathogens, we have a couple of options that we recommend. Have you heard of oil pulling? Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and place it in your mouth. Swish around your mouth, gums, teeth, and tongue for 10 minutes. Then spit out in a bag. (Note: DO NOT spit it out into the sink as it will clog the plumbing in no time.) Coconut oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Do this first thing in the morning or last thing at night. Another simple mouth rinse is to put 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda (make sure to get the kind without aluminum) in your mouth and then add a bit of water and swoosh around for just 2 or 3 minutes. Doing this also helps balance the pH of the saliva.
How the Budwig Center Can Help
As with all our patients, we would look at the contributing factors, and in this case, we would use photodynamic laser intravenously and locally. A visit to the local biological dentist is a must. We work with Clinica Dental Nature in Fuengirola.
For more information on natural therapies and treatments for cancer, feel free to contact us anytime.
Submit A Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
The Antidote to Anger: Acceptance
How To Raise Funds For Natural Cancer Treatments
Can Vitamin D Help Protect Against COVID-19 and Fight Cancer?
Can The Emotional Freedom Technique Help You Battle Stress?