Psychotherapy and other similar therapies are not new. Since ancient times, the idea of maintaining a healthy balance between the mind and body has been understood and valued. Everyone has heard the phrase: “A healthy mind in a healthy body” or Mens sana in corpore sano in Latin. But putting esoteric or spiritual beliefs and philosophies to one side, we can safely say that psychology plays a vital role in our lives and is directly related to our health.
Living in the 21st century has its particular challenges. The fast and demanding pace of life that we live means we are always rushing here and there. Rushing to work, parking, metro, responsibilities at home, children, paying bills, and so on. Although we love the advances in modern communication, many of us have become slaves to our mobile devices. The results? Stress, nervousness, anxiety, and even depression are all too common.
What The Research Says
Many studies have shown that certain diseases have a direct connection to our psychological state, such as an impaired immune system. Interestingly, long-term stress can upset our hormonal balance and deplete brain chemicals required to maintain a happy and positive state of mind.
Dr. Johanna Budwig encouraged all her cancer patients to seek psychotherapy when facing ongoing negative emotional issues in life. She detected that poorly managed or repressed anger (hostility) is also related to a slew of health conditions, such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, digestive disorders, and infection.
There are many psychotherapy treatments where a professional therapist analyzes our symptoms to detect any imbalances in our reactions. The way we process our emotions affects our physical condition and wellbeing. A competent therapist can assist us in dealing with these imbalances and mitigating their effects.
Psychotherapy Treatments At The Budwig Center
– Regression therapy – Contact us for info>>>
– Psychodynamic psychotherapy (such as psycho immunotherapy) – Learn More>>>
– Synchronization of hemispheres – Contact us for info>>>
– Psychoemotional Par-Biomagnetism – Learn More>>>
– Bach Flowers – Learn More>>>
– EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), also known as ‘tapping’ and others – Learn More>>>
A Healthy Mind Leads To A Healthy Body
Maintaining a balance between the mind and body also contributes to improved fitness. Even professional athletes receive specific coaching on how to maintain a positive attitude, which subsequently aids them to reach 100% of their physical potential. Although we may not be aiming for the same level of physical performance as athletes, the fact that athletes train the mind to optimize the body teaches us all a vital lesson.
In conclusion, we can say that a balanced and positive psychological state favors keeping our bodies more dynamic, active, and healthy. There is no doubt that psychotherapy is hugely beneficial. We do, however, need to emphasize that when a person has a severe health condition, psychotherapy will be much more effective when used in conjunction with other treatments supervised by a qualified healthcare professional.
Key Takeaways From This Article
- It’s essential that we reduce stress from our lives.
- Studies prove there is a direct connection to our psychological state.
- For detailed information about the Budwig Protocol and Diet download the FREE Budwig Guide.
- There are many effective natural treatments that help us find emotional balance.
- Keep up to date with the latest news on the budwig protocol by following us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- If you need help, support or advice, contact us right away.