Today, we are starting off with some simple Budwig breakfast recipes for you to try.
Dr. Budwig’s Muesli
- 6 tbsp, (90 ml) organic, low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flax oil
IMPORTANT: Blend in a blender until no oil is visible.
(Optional) If too thick add 2 tbsps of fresh, low-fat milk (not UHT)
1 tsp (5 ml) fruit juice or grated apple 2 tbsp (30 ml) ground flax seed
Normally fruit should be eaten all on its own and not combined with any other foods. Fruit passes through the stomach in about 10 minutes whereas other foods take much longer. When the fruit is mixed with other foods it has a tendency to ferment and causes stomach bloating and gas. This is not healthy.
Here are some options of what you can put into the Muesli, which the kids will like too!
A teaspoon of organic cocoa, a few drops of vanilla flavored liquid stevia, then add some walnuts. It tastes like chocolate pudding with nuts.
Most Granola sold in the stores contains sugar and other ingredients that are not healthy. Here is a nice homemade Granola recipe that all the family can enjoy.
Heat oven to 200 C / 350 F degrees
Put 4 cups (500 grams or 100 ml) of Oatmeal flakes into a large oven pan and heat for 10 minutes
During those 10 minutes mix together the following:
- 1/3 (90 ml) cup of cold-pressed sunflower seed oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of raw natural honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of Celtic sea or Himalayan salt
- Take the pan out of the oven
Next, add the following:
- ½ cup (125 ml) of shredded unsweetened coconuts
- ½ cup of (raw unroasted) sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) of almonds
- 1/3 cup of sesame seeds
Mix well and add the oil, honey, vanilla, and salt to dry ingredients.
Let cool and serve with Oat Milk.
Quick and Easy Oatmeal Porridge
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick oats dash of cinnamon
- 2 cups (500 ml) rice milk or oat milk to flavor
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) organic flax oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 ml) vanilla plain nonfat yogurt to top
Combine the oats, milk in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil. Cook about 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and honey. Stir in the flax oil.
SERVES 2 TO 3
Avocado Moose Breakfast
Add the following to your blender:
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of berries of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp (15 to 30 ml) of either or all of the following oils, cold pressed sunflower seed oil, flaxseed or organic coconut oil.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of cinnamon and or nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of raw organic chocolate powder (optional)
Blend in your regular blender or with a hand blender for 30 seconds to a minute on full power, serve and enjoy.
Tip: Keep the avocados and berries in the fridge so that they are chilled when you
Submit A Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *